This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4118 / 53°24'42"N
Longitude: -2.9147 / 2°54'52"W
OS Eastings: 339298
OS Northings: 390947
OS Grid: SJ392909
Mapcode National: GBR 7ML.GY
Mapcode Global: WH878.6HBS
Entry Name: Convent of Mercy
Listing Date: 26 June 1952
Last Amended: 19 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1073478
English Heritage Legacy ID: 359432
Location: Liverpool, L13
Electoral Ward/Division: Old Swan
Built-Up Area: Liverpool
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Stoneycroft All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
SJ 3990 ST OSWALD'S
29/1078 Convent of
with St Oswald's
Convent. c.1855. Possibly by Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin.
Stone with slate roof. Various ranges to north and east of courtyard,
those to north of one storey, those to east of 2 storeys.
Corridor runs along south side, ending in gable with
segmental pointed entrance with hood mould on street. Wall
runs along street between entrance and north ranges and has
gate at north end. Facade to street possibly altered, 2 bays
with gable has segmental-headed windows with casements and
tympana; gabled bay to right has 3-light window, probably
later. North facade of 6 bays, 3-light windows with small-
paned iron casements between deep buttresses. East facade
has 2 storeys of windows of 2 ogee-headed lights; and gable
with 1st floor 2-light pointed window. Entrance in low porch
at north-east angle.
Listing NGR: SJ3929890947
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings