This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.747 / 52°44'49"N
Longitude: -1.472 / 1°28'19"W
OS Eastings: 435737
OS Northings: 316731
OS Grid: SK357167
Mapcode National: GBR 6H0.LPW
Mapcode Global: WHDHS.C68W
Entry Name: War Memorial with Attached Railings, Piers, Gate and Lamps
Listing Date: 29 September 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1073616
English Heritage Legacy ID: 187674
Location: Ashby-de-la-Zouch, North West Leicestershire, Leicestershire, LE65
District: North West Leicestershire
Civil Parish: Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Ashby-de-la-Zouch Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 30/10/2015
SK 3516 1/36
MARKET STREET (North Side),
War Memorial with attached railings, piers, gate and lamps
First World War memorial designed by architect Thomas Henry Fosbrooke (1862-1925) of the Leicester architectural practice of Fosbrooke and Bedingfield. It was unveiled on 8 June 1922. Constructed of Charnwood slate and sandstone in the form of an arch containing a cross. Sandstone hood. Railed front wall with gate and side lamps on stone plinth and metal columns. Continues to rear as railed enclosure with Charnwood slate interval piers. Includes a plaque to those who died during the Second World War.
Listing NGR: SK3573716731
This List entry has been amended to add sources for War Memorials Online and the War Memorials Register. These sources were not used in the compilation of this List entry but are added here as a guide for further reading, 20 January 2017.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings