This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6086 / 52°36'30"N
Longitude: -1.1156 / 1°6'56"W
OS Eastings: 459982
OS Northings: 301568
OS Grid: SK599015
Mapcode National: GBR FLV.MR
Mapcode Global: WHDJJ.TPXK
Entry Name: Old Hall
Listing Date: 5 January 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074028
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188608
Location: Leicester, LE2
County: City of Leicester
Electoral Ward/Division: Knighton
Built-Up Area: Leicester
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Knighton St Mary Magdalen
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 24/08/2017
SK 50 SE,
No. 208, Old Hall
(Formerly listed as located at: CHURCH LANE, KNIGHTON)
On right: early C18, red brick with stone quoins, parapet with stone coping
and moulded brick panels. Stone bands. Two storeys. Four windows with
moulded stone architraves with keystones, tall sashes with glazing bars.
Late C18 splayed bay to ground floor. This early C18 part encases late
C16 core with fragment of fireplace and chimney, also C18 staircase with
toned balusters. On left: late C18 or early C19, possibly by John Johnson,
two storeys, two windows, three-light rushes with segmental brick arches,
semi-circular open porch with two Tuscan columns, interior drawing room
with tall niches in end wall. Far left: Modern single storey wing. At
rear: C17, roughcast, slate roof, three gables, two storeys, and attic,
wood mullion/transom windows with glazing bars, doorcase with shouldered
architrave and pulvinated frieze.
Listing NGR: SK5998201568
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings