This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6626 / 52°39'45"N
Longitude: -1.2236 / 1°13'25"W
OS Eastings: 452606
OS Northings: 307490
OS Grid: SK526074
Mapcode National: GBR 8M4.3GL
Mapcode Global: WHDJ9.5BLM
Entry Name: Old School
Listing Date: 11 June 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074082
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188530
Location: Groby, Hinckley and Bosworth, Leicestershire, LE6
District: Hinckley and Bosworth
Civil Parish: Groby
Built-Up Area: Groby
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Groby
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SK 50 NW
LEICESTER ROAD (north east side),
(Formerly listed as Former School now Shop (No 53))
Former school, now house. 1873. Randomly coursed rubble with ashlar dressings, slate roof with Gothic style cresting, single ridge and wall stacks with chamfered cornices. Single storey 4-bay front with stepped and chamfered string course and chamfered buttresses. The left hand bay is advanced and gabled with a fretted bargeboard. It contains a 2-light window with Caernarvon arches to the lights and stone tracery to the head. At the top of the pointed and moulded surround is an inscription recording the foundation of the school by the Countess of Stamford and Warrington and above is her cypher and the date 1873 on an ashlar panel. To right are 3 pairs of pointed windows with chamfered ashlar surrounds. All windows are plain top hung casements. To the right-hand side is a gabled porch, with a double chamfered and pointed outer arch and a triangular headed inner door.
Listing NGR: SK5260607490
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings