History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Belton, Leicestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7828 / 52°46'57"N

Longitude: -1.3376 / 1°20'15"W

OS Eastings: 444773

OS Northings: 320781

OS Grid: SK447207

Mapcode National: GBR 7J3.JMF

Mapcode Global: WHDHN.FB80

Entry Name: The Old Vicarage

Listing Date: 16 January 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1074124

English Heritage Legacy ID: 358060

Location: Belton, North West Leicestershire, Leicestershire, LE12

County: Leicestershire

District: North West Leicestershire

Civil Parish: Belton

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: Belton St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Belton

Listing Text

BELTON VICARAGE LANE
SZI 42 SW
4/13 Nos 1 and 1A (The Old
Vicarage)
GV II

Former vicarage, now 2 houses. Mid C18 wing to left, on churchyard side,
raised, altered and extended to south. 1841-2 (White's Directory, 1846). Red
brick, plain tile roofs. 2 storeys and attic; 3-bay west front, the outer bays
gabled and slightly advanced. Cogged eaves and gable verges, the gables with
shaped stone kneelers. Left bay has C18 brickwork to ground and first floors,
and renewed boxed 3-pane sashes with C19 Tudor hoodmoulds. Right bays have
boxed 4-pane sashes, only the lower windows with Tudor hoodmoulds. First floor
window of centre bay is set in gabled semi-dormer. To right of centre bay is a
4-centred arch of painted stone, with moulded spandrels, Tudor hoodmould, and
C20 iron gate. Recessed panelled door. Set back to right is a single-storey
bay with C20 3-light barred wooden casement and Tudor hoodmould over C20 flush-
panelled door. Side to churchyard is of 3 bays with C19 gable raised over left
bays. 3-pane sashes with Tudor hoodmoulds, the upper right window blocked. To
centre is a 4-pane sash in altered opening over blocked doorway. Interior of
left wing has C18 2-panel doors and fine C18 staircase, probably realigned, with
turned balusters on spirally fluted vases, moulded handrail and narrow pulvinated
string. Included for group value.


Listing NGR: SK4477320781

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.