History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hall Farmhouse

A Grade II* Listed Building in Sutton Cheney, Leicestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6008 / 52°36'3"N

Longitude: -1.3839 / 1°23'1"W

OS Eastings: 441827

OS Northings: 300516

OS Grid: SK418005

Mapcode National: GBR 7L5.YS2

Mapcode Global: WHDJD.QW6H

Entry Name: Hall Farmhouse

Listing Date: 22 October 1952

Last Amended: 13 October 1986

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1074243

English Heritage Legacy ID: 188105

Location: Sutton Cheney, Hinckley and Bosworth, Leicestershire, CV13

County: Leicestershire

District: Hinckley and Bosworth

Civil Parish: Sutton Cheney

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: Market Bosworth St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Market Bosworth

Listing Text

SUTTON CHENEY
SK40 SW MAIN STREET (South East Side)

5/109 Hall Farmhouse
(formerly listed as The Hall)
22.10.52

GV II*


Farmhouse. Early C17 with Victorian Wing. Brick with stone dressings and
plain tiled roofs. Facade to street comprises two gables, that to left a
Victorian addition in the style of the original. The right hand gable has
5-light stone mullioned and transomed windows, with 3-lights to attic. Stone
plinth, angle quoins and continuous moulded string courses which form drip
moulds to ground and first floor windows throughout. All windows have ovolo
moulding. Coped gable with flat flanking parapet. Garden front is a long
range of four bays, with 3-light mullioned and transomed windows throughout,
though two lower windows retaining their architraves, have lost their original
mullions and transoms. Renewed central doorway. Right hand bay is separated
by a projecting stack. Entrance now in Victorian wing to north east, behind
this, the back of the original range is visible, much repaired brickwork and a
date stone re-sited from a garden wall, 1601 with the initials WR. Inside the
original staircase survives, with turned balusters and full height squared
newel.


Listing NGR: SK4182700516

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.