This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.686 / 52°41'9"N
Longitude: -1.5348 / 1°32'5"W
OS Eastings: 431540
OS Northings: 309913
OS Grid: SK315099
Mapcode National: GBR 6HP.NS5
Mapcode Global: WHCGT.DRC6
Entry Name: Moores Almhouses
Listing Date: 20 December 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074326
English Heritage Legacy ID: 187896
Location: Appleby Magna, North West Leicestershire, Leicestershire, DE12
District: North West Leicestershire
Civil Parish: Appleby Magna
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Appleby Magna and Swepstone with Snarestone and Norton-juxta-Twycross
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
APPLEBY MAGNA MAWBY'S LANE (north side)
SK 30 NW
6/8 Nos. 32-40 (even)
Range of 5 almshouses, of 1839. 1« storeys in Tudor style. Brick with
stone plinth, quoins and dressings and plain tiled roof. Shouldered stone
coped gables. Four large brick ridge stacks with stone dressings: the
centre two having four diagonal flues placed as X, the outer two placed
axially. Original chimney pots. Single range of 5 windows with projecting
central 2 storey gable having 1 storey outshuts in the angles. 4 dormer
gables with shaped kneelers. Stone mullion windows of 1 to 4-lights.
Windows of 3 and 4-lights and doorways have hood-moulds. Doorways have
Tudor arches and ledged doors. Both end walls have central doorway with
2-light mullion windows over. Rear has 6 gables with 2-light mullions above
and doors and 1-light windows below. Tablet with 'A.D. 1839' above central
front ground floor window.
Listing NGR: SK3154009913
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings