This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6823 / 52°40'56"N
Longitude: -1.403 / 1°24'10"W
OS Eastings: 440453
OS Northings: 309562
OS Grid: SK404095
Mapcode National: GBR 7K6.S45
Mapcode Global: WHDJ0.FV32
Entry Name: Church of St Denys and Paget Tombs in Churchyard
Listing Date: 7 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074370
English Heritage Legacy ID: 187795
Location: Ibstock, North West Leicestershire, Leicestershire, LE67
District: North West Leicestershire
Civil Parish: Ibstock
Built-Up Area: Ibstock
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Ibstock St Denys
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SK 40 NW IBSTOCK HIGH STREW
7.11.66 Church of St Denys and
Paget Family tombs in
Parish church in early decorated style - early C14. Blue-grey sandstone,
ashlar to aisles, coursed, squared rubble to chancel. West tower with
decorated parapet and short recessed spire with lunettes - a local type.
Nave of 3 bays with clerestory and aisles. Simple traceried windows with
corbel heads. Curvilinear tracery to East windows. Parapets to nave,
aisles and chancel. Chancel contains 2 low-side windows, reinstated in
restoration of 1897. Other restoration work included removal of internal
plaster, renewal of some stonework. Interior has simple nave arcade and
chancel arch, and font which may pre-date the church.
Archbishop Laud was priest here between 1617 and 1625-6.
Church is set back from village street down long avenue in large graveyard
edging onto fields. Series of slate headstones in yard, including Paget
Listing NGR: SK4045309562
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings