This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6904 / 52°41'25"N
Longitude: -1.1641 / 1°9'50"W
OS Eastings: 456595
OS Northings: 310633
OS Grid: SK565106
Mapcode National: GBR 8LV.6J1
Mapcode Global: WHDJ4.2MYS
Entry Name: The School House
Listing Date: 5 November 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074622
English Heritage Legacy ID: 189152
Location: Thurcaston and Cropston, Charnwood, Leicestershire, LE7
Civil Parish: Thurcaston and Cropston
Built-Up Area: Thurcaston
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Thurcaston with Cropston
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
THURCASTON ANSTEY LANE (East Side)
SK 51 SE
4/96 No. 60 (The School House)
Cottage, formerly school, of 1715 with some later C19 modifications. Red
brick with granite rubble stone plinth and slate roof with rebuilt central
ridge stacks to both right and left sections. The latter section is lower.
Gable facing with door on right side. Right section of 2 storeys of 3
casements: 2 2-lights and 1-light over 2 3-lights with a 2-light to left of
door. Section to left has door and 2 2-light casements with 2 2-lights and a
1-light over. Some cambered lintels. Blocked windows to rear. Outshut with
2-light casement on left end. School built and endowed in 1715 by
Richard Hill, rector of Thurcaston.
Listing NGR: SK5659510633
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings