History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Newtown Linford, Leicestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6832 / 52°40'59"N

Longitude: -1.2292 / 1°13'44"W

OS Eastings: 452207

OS Northings: 309782

OS Grid: SK522097

Mapcode National: GBR 8LR.N37

Mapcode Global: WHDJ3.2TYB

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 1 June 1966

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1074679

English Heritage Legacy ID: 189082

Location: Newtown Linford, Charnwood, Leicestershire, LE6

County: Leicestershire

District: Charnwood

Civil Parish: Newtown Linford

Built-Up Area: Newtown Linford

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: Newtown Linford

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Swithland

Listing Text

NEWTOWN LINFORD BRADGATE ROAD
SK 50 NW
(North Side)
5/31
Church of All Saints
1.6.66

GV II*
Church of C14/15, enlarged C19. Granite and slate rubble stone with
Swithland slate roof. W tower with recessed stone spire, nave, C19 N
transept, and C19 S porch and chancel. Tower with plinth, 4 bell openings,
battlements, 1706 slate sun dial and restored spire. C14/15 W window. Nave
has C19 3-bay N arcade of moulded arches on octagonal piers, one arch wider
to transept. Right of this arch a C15 carved head label stop. Plain
plastered nave roof with 2 tie beams visible. N aisle with 2 small Perp
type windows, restored 3-light Perp window in transept with carved head label
stops inside. Stone stack NE outside corner. 1915 vestry N of chancel.
On S wall 2 C15 2-light windows one over S door and Perp 5-light window with
transom, renewed tracery upper lights. Perp 2-light windows either
side before chancel arch, c1920 stained glass in S. C19 chancel with open
common rafter roof with collar beams and struts. E window reticulated
type tracery with 1915 stained glass. Pulpit 1893 and C19 font. Mason's
slate ledger stone mounted on W wall and wall monument c1777. On eastern
tie beam hangs late C18 3 arch screen with royal and earl's arms in gable
and earl's coronets as pendant finials.


Listing NGR: SK5220709782

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.