History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Sharnford Methodist Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Sharnford, Leicestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.523 / 52°31'22"N

Longitude: -1.2909 / 1°17'27"W

OS Eastings: 448205

OS Northings: 291918

OS Grid: SP482919

Mapcode National: GBR 7M8.Y5B

Mapcode Global: VHCSY.KVW7

Entry Name: Sharnford Methodist Church

Listing Date: 27 April 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1074700

English Heritage Legacy ID: 189028

Location: Sharnford, Blaby, Leicestershire, LE10

County: Leicestershire

District: Blaby

Civil Parish: Sharnford

Built-Up Area: Sharnford

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: Sharnford with Wigston Parva

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Sapcote

Listing Text

SHARNFORD CHAPEL LANE
SP 49 SE (north west side)


3/38 Sharnford Methodist
Church

II


Methodist church. 1827, with C20 additions and alterations.
Brick with hipped slate roof. Brick plinth. 2 storeys, 2 bays.
South front has central C20 panelled door in round headed opening
with blocked fanlight, flanked by single round headed windows
with wooden Y tracery. Above the door, a datestone inscribed
'1827'. Above again, 3 similar round headed windows with Y
tracery. West side has to left a C20 door with round head, and
to right, 2 larger windows with Y tracery. East side has 2
similar windows and to right, a C20 flat roofed single storey
addition. Rear has a central external stack and 2 C20 3 light
casements on each floor with segmental heads. Interior has
matchboard dado and to the front, central pine pulpit with steps,
on bracketed base. Behind it, a matchboard panel and above it, a
text. Above again, a plain gallery with stick balusters. To the
left, a grained 6 panel door, and to the right a 6 pane sash. At
the rear, a moulded panelled raked gallery on 2 iron posts,
approached by a winder stair with stick balusters. Fittings
include C19 panelled pews, early C20 benches, and a C19 organ in
a Gothic case.


Listing NGR: SP4820591918

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.