This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5783 / 52°34'41"N
Longitude: -1.1508 / 1°9'2"W
OS Eastings: 457641
OS Northings: 298166
OS Grid: SP576981
Mapcode National: GBR 8N6.9W5
Mapcode Global: WHDJQ.9G78
Entry Name: The Manor Restaurant
Listing Date: 13 October 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074733
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188906
Location: Glen Parva, Blaby, Leicestershire, LE2
Civil Parish: Glen Parva
Built-Up Area: Leicester
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: South Wigston
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SP59 NE LITTLE GLEN ROAD
1/36 The Manor Restaurant
House. Late C16 or early C17 core extended c1860 and modernised. Original
range is timber framed with brick panel infill nogged in the side wall.
Victorian additions are brick with Welsh slate roof and Swithland slate to
roof of original section. Main range of 2 bays and cross wing framed in
large panels with straight arched bracing. Smaller panels in gabled cross
wing with curved tension braces. Queen post roof trusses throughout.
Doorway in inner side of main range in a mannerist Elizabethan style porch
with banded stone pilasters on high plinth, and 4-centred arched wood
entrance. The inner door is also a 4-centred stone archway. Dormer window
over door. 2 light casement windows on each floor to its left and in the
gable, renewed, Large rear wing of 1861 behind, 2 storeved, 3 bays with
central advanced gable coped and corbelled out containing doorway, a chamfered
and recessed archway beneath wood decorated corbelled porch. Casement
windows to left and above with chamfered brick heads. Blind bay to right.
Moulded string course and overhanging eaves.
Listing NGR: SP5764198166
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings