This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6318 / 52°37'54"N
Longitude: -1.133 / 1°7'58"W
OS Eastings: 458773
OS Northings: 304139
OS Grid: SK587041
Mapcode National: GBR FGL.TF
Mapcode Global: WHDJJ.K3NP
Entry Name: 4, Welford Place
Listing Date: 5 January 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074787
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188831
Location: Leicester, LE1
County: City of Leicester
Unitary Authority Ward: Castle
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Leicester Holy Trinity with St John the Divine
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SK 5804 SE 5/116 5.1.50
1838 or 1842. Architect W. Flint. Fine classical facade in stucco.
Two storeys. Five windows, centre (three windows) breaks forward. Paired
pilasters at angles, and two Greek Ionic columns in antis divide the windows.
All windows are sashes with glazing bars in moulded stucco architraves
and the upper storey have low stucco balusters. Moulded frieze, modillion
cornice and panelled parapet with balusters over the side wings. Central
door in moulded stucco architrave with small cornice on console brackets.
Including contemporary cast iron area railings of good design. Interior
has modest staircase of the period. Built for Leicestershire and Midland
Fire and Life Insurance Company.
Listing NGR: SK5877304139
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings