This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6285 / 52°37'42"N
Longitude: -1.1308 / 1°7'50"W
OS Eastings: 458928
OS Northings: 303768
OS Grid: SK589037
Mapcode National: GBR FHM.9M
Mapcode Global: WHDJJ.L6Q8
Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 14 March 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074807
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188786
Location: Leicester, LE1
County: City of Leicester
Unitary Authority Ward: Castle
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Leicester Holy Trinity with St John the Divine
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
(South West Side)
SK 5803 9/322 Church of Holy Trinity
The original building 1838 by S. Smirke but in 1871 it was entirely remodelled
by S. S. Teulon. Purple brick with stone dressings. Slate roof. North
- South axis. Comprising nave, very low east and west aisles, small south
chancel, north tower with spire of brick and stone with lucarnes. Two
low turrets with pavilion roofs flanking the tower at end of nave. Plate
tracery. Interior much altered, nave divided in half by partition, balconies
removed and suspended ceiling installed circa 1960s.
Listing NGR: SK5892803768
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings