This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6622 / 52°39'44"N
Longitude: -0.8541 / 0°51'14"W
OS Eastings: 477599
OS Northings: 307785
OS Grid: SK775077
Mapcode National: GBR BQ9.0WW
Mapcode Global: WHFKL.VBGX
Entry Name: Pump and Flanking Wall
Listing Date: 24 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074873
English Heritage Legacy ID: 190609
Location: Owston and Newbold, Harborough, Leicestershire, LE15
Civil Parish: Owston and Newbold
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Owston and Withcote (Whatborough Parishes)
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SK 70 NE MAIN STREET (South West Side)
2/81 Pump and flanking wall
Pump and flanking wall. The pump is dated 1903, the wall probably earlier
in parts. Cast iron pump with fluted shaft and cap, small handle and spout
and attached to the base, a stand. It is contained in a curved recess of
wall which is also raised slightly. The wall is of ironstone and rubble with
stacked coping stones to left, and rounded rubble coping to right. Inscription
stone on the wall behind the pump records that it is in memory of Frederick
and Mary Palmer, 1907, the gift of three other members of the Palmer family.
Listing NGR: SK7759907785
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings