History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Eaton, Leicestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.829 / 52°49'44"N

Longitude: -0.8453 / 0°50'42"W

OS Eastings: 477897

OS Northings: 326343

OS Grid: SK778263

Mapcode National: GBR BN5.P3L

Mapcode Global: WHFJT.Z5N1

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 31 August 1979

Last Amended: 26 February 1992

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1075028

English Heritage Legacy ID: 190181

Location: Eaton, Melton, Leicestershire, LE14

County: Leicestershire

District: Melton

Civil Parish: Eaton

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: Goadby Marwood St Denys

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Stathern

Listing Text

In the entry for

SK 7726-7826 EATON MAIN STREET
(west side)
Goadby Marwood
33/380 The Old Rectory(formerly
31.8.79 listed as The Rectory)

GV II

The address shall be amended to read

SK 7726-7826 EATON MAIN STREET
(west side)
Goadby Marwood
33/380 The Old Rectory(No 30)
31.8.79 (formerly listed as The
Rectory)

GV II

----------------------------------

SK 7726-7826 EATON MAIN STREET
(West side)
33/380 Goadby Marwood
The Old Rectory
31.8.79 (Formerly listed as
The Rectory)

GV II

Rectory, now private house. Circa 1750, raised by a half storey and
altered throughout c. 1810. Coursed ironstone and slate roof. 2½ storeys
in 5 bays. Central C20 glazed door in rusticated plastered doorframe. 4-
vaned Regency fanlight. Fenestration of sashes with glazing bars, all with
plastered sills and lintels. Modillion eaves cornice below gabled roof.
Internal gable-end stacks of limestone. Interior fittings all early C19 or
later: staircase with stick balusters and ramped and wreathed handrail.
Edmund Cartwright (1743-1823), inventor of the power loom (1785) was rector
here.


Listing NGR: SK7789726343

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.