History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

116 and 118, Greenfield Road B17

A Grade II Listed Building in Harborne, Birmingham

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4578 / 52°27'28"N

Longitude: -1.9469 / 1°56'48"W

OS Eastings: 403706

OS Northings: 284428

OS Grid: SP037844

Mapcode National: GBR 5PJ.0T

Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.6HM6

Entry Name: 116 and 118, Greenfield Road B17

Listing Date: 25 April 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1075552

English Heritage Legacy ID: 217173

Location: Birmingham, B17

County: Birmingham

Electoral Ward/Division: Harborne

Built-Up Area: Birmingham

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands

Church of England Parish: Harborne St John

Church of England Diocese: Birmingham

Find accommodation in
Birmingham

Listing Text

GREENFIELD ROAD
1.
5104
Harborne B17
Nos 116 and 118
SP 08 SW 11/19 25.4.52
II
2.
Late C18 remodelled in the early C19. Stucco; 2 storeys. No 116 the left hand part
late C19 set back and lower than the right hand part which is under the same roof as
part of No 118. Ground floor with altered central reeded doorcase within a modern
porch and 2 windows with Tudor hoodmoulds. First floor with 3 casement windows without
hoodmoulds. Bargeboarded eaves. No 118 3 bays, the outside ones gabled, plus an
extra bay on the left which is under the same roof as part of No 116, ground and
first floor windows tripartite casements with Tudor hoodmoulds except on the right
where a canted bay window runs through both storeys but is smaller on the first floor
than on the ground floor. Bargeboarded eaves. Entrance now within a porch on the
right hand return but was originally that in a reeded doorcase with flat moulded hood
in what is now the back of the house. The home of David Cox (1783-1859), the painter,
from 1841 until his death.

Listing NGR: SP0370684428

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.