This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.46 / 52°27'36"N
Longitude: -1.7781 / 1°46'41"W
OS Eastings: 415171
OS Northings: 284698
OS Grid: SP151846
Mapcode National: GBR 6WJ.B0
Mapcode Global: VH9Z5.4FBH
Entry Name: Old School at the Rear of Numbers 151 and 153
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075660
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216941
Location: Birmingham, B26
Electoral Ward/Division: Sheldon
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Sheldon
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
Old School at the
rear of Nos 151 and 153
SP 18 SE 14/4
Former school. In appearance C18 but with an inscription 'Gift of Edward Earl of
Digby 1852' [Edward 2nd Earl and 8th Baron Digby 1775-1856]. Red brick with blue
brick edging to the pointed windows; tile roof. Single storey; 5 bays in the
rhythm 3:2. The windows casements with iron Y-tracery in their upper parts. The
right-hand return bargeboarded and with a modern extension.
Listing NGR: SP1517184698
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.