This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4651 / 52°27'54"N
Longitude: -1.9149 / 1°54'53"W
OS Eastings: 405878
OS Northings: 285238
OS Grid: SP058852
Mapcode National: GBR 5XG.27
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.R9JM
Entry Name: 18, Carpenter Road B15
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075671
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216877
Location: Birmingham, B15
Electoral Ward/Division: Edgbaston
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
SP 0585 SE 45/25
Corner site with Wheeley's Road. Circa 1855-6O substantial Italianate, 2
storey, stucco villa. Four bay front, the entrance bar to right of centre
recessed. Plinth; diamond rusticated quotas; stringcourse over ground floor
and first floor sill course. Elaborate eaves cornice with superimposed console
brackets. Hipped slate roof, chimey stacks with ornamental pots. Large
porch with heavy blocking to triple group of coupled pilasters capped by
pairs of console brackets to cornice; solid balcony above has curved blocks
at corners and cornice. Doorway has inner rusticated arch and outer smooth
arch on piers. Windows have architraves with console brackets to sills and
to heavy cornices. Those on first floor have Mannerist detail of miniature
scroll pediment keystones. Similar elevation of the 3 bays to Wheeley's Road.
Small gabled coach house linked by screen wall to left of front. Service
wing to rear projecting from 2 bays similarly detailed to main elevations.
Listing NGR: SP0587885238
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings