This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4694 / 52°28'9"N
Longitude: -1.9198 / 1°55'11"W
OS Eastings: 405547
OS Northings: 285721
OS Grid: SP055857
Mapcode National: GBR 5WD.0N
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.N6Y9
Entry Name: 24 and 25, Calthorpe Road B15
Listing Date: 19 March 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075697
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216837
Location: Birmingham, B15
Metropolitan District Ward: Edgbaston
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St George with St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
1. CALTHORPE ROAD
Nos 24 and 25
SP 0585 NE 40/6 19.3.81
Pair of semi-detached circa 1840 Calthorpe Estate stucco villas. Two storeys
and 3 bays each under one nipped slate roof with dentil eaves cornice. Flanking
small 2 storeyed, gabled coach houses. Some mid C19 alterations. No 24 has
first floor sashes framed by colonettes with fluted caps, carved tympana
and miniature dentil pediments. Canted bay windows to ground floor with
Doric entablatures. Engaged Roman Doric doorway with entablature. No 25
similar but with original plain first floor sash windows, panelled sills.
Circa 1900 rectangular bay windows on ground floor. Included for group interest.
Listing NGR: SP0554785721
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings