This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4919 / 52°29'30"N
Longitude: -1.8997 / 1°53'58"W
OS Eastings: 406906
OS Northings: 288229
OS Grid: SP069882
Mapcode National: GBR 604.FL
Mapcode Global: VH9YX.1M1J
Entry Name: Central Block of Premises Occupied by Newey Goodman Limited
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075719
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216789
Location: Birmingham, B19
Electoral Ward/Division: Aston
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Birmingham St George
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
Central Block of
premises occupied by
Newey Goodman Ltd
SP 0688 SE 23/4
Circa 1840 works with rear yard and shopping. Three storeys buff red brick,
symmetrical front with broad single brick centre break flanked by 3 bay wings.
Engineering brick plinth; painted stone plat band above ground floor. Low
slate roof with projecting moulded eaves cornice with deep soffit. Above centre
break is a stepped section of blocking course panelled and inscribed "J C
Newey. Patentee", the whole surmounted by Royal Arms of polychromed stone
(Coad?). Broad works entrance to centre of ground floor in pilaster strip
frame with deep frieze and projecting cornice. Windows all have small panes
to five iron frames, stone sills and rubber brick gauged flat arches; tripartite
to upper floors in centre break with plain brick dividers.
Listing NGR: SP0690688229
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings