This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4641 / 52°27'50"N
Longitude: -1.9176 / 1°55'3"W
OS Eastings: 405691
OS Northings: 285126
OS Grid: SP056851
Mapcode National: GBR 5WG.GL
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.QB2D
Entry Name: 9, Ampton Road B15
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075737
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216737
Location: Birmingham, B15
Electoral Ward/Division: Edgbaston
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
SP 0585 SE 45/3
Circa 1850-55 a detached 2 storey stucco villa with Italianate details. Four
bays with set back service wing screened by wall linking with double coach
house. The main front has plinth and rusticated quoins; first floor sill
course; bed string to frieze with rosettes between consoles supporting flat
boxed eaves cornice. Gable end slate roof with copings and corniced chimneys.
First floor windows in eared architrave surrounds with shallow moulded cornices.
Ground floor windows in panelled architraves with consoles on anthemion stops
supporting cornices, sills also on consoles. Fluted Corinthian column porch
with boldly projecting cornice. Round headed doorway with panelled reveals,
2 leaf 6 panel door with plain fanlight. Link wall to coach house has secondary
entrance with cornice on consoles. Coach house has 2 segmental arched coach
doors, impost band arched over; shallow rusticated quoins as on house; string
to frieze with panels between consoles supporting boxed eaves of hipped slate
Listing NGR: SP0569185126
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings