This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6266 / 52°37'35"N
Longitude: -0.5051 / 0°30'18"W
OS Eastings: 501283
OS Northings: 304249
OS Grid: TF012042
Mapcode National: GBR FW3.C3Z
Mapcode Global: WHGM3.67QR
Entry Name: Easton on the Hill Village Hall
Listing Date: 12 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075782
English Heritage Legacy ID: 421696
Location: Easton on the Hill, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE9
District: East Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Easton on the Hill
Built-Up Area: Easton on the Hill
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Easton-on-the-Hill All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
EASTON ON THE HILL NEW ROAD
TF0104 (East side)
11/74 East on on the Hill Village
School, now village hall. c.1867. Squared coursed limestone with ashlar
dressings and Collyweston slate roof. T-shape plan. Single storey. Elevation
abutting New Road is a 3-window range of 2- and 3-light stone mullion windows.
Ashlar quoins and gable parapets. Conical ventilator at ridge. Elevation to left
has gable and with large 3-light stone mullion window with plate tracery,
cusped-head lights and roundels. Small square tower attached, to left, has
square ashlar cupola, with spirelet, clock face on tower with chiming bell in
cupola. Partially legible inscribed panel in tower records endowment and
building of present school. Elevation to right has gable with similar 3-light
window with plate tracery. Lean-to porch to right. Interior retains C19 roof
structure. The school was originally endowed by Richard Garford in 1670 and
rebuilt on the present site in 1867, to include a National School for girls, as
well as boys, at a cost of £1,200.
(Whellan, F. and co.: Directory of Northamptonshire, 1874, p689)
Listing NGR: TF0128304249
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings