This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4451 / 53°26'42"N
Longitude: -2.9942 / 2°59'39"W
OS Eastings: 334064
OS Northings: 394719
OS Grid: SJ340947
Mapcode National: GBR 727.UQ
Mapcode Global: WH870.ZNCS
Entry Name: Juvenile Court and Front Wall
Listing Date: 17 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075892
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216420
Location: Sefton, L20
Electoral Ward/Division: Linacre
Built-Up Area: Bootle
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Bootle St Matthew with St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
SJ 39 SW
11/20 Juvenile Court
and front wall
Police Courts, now Juvenile Court. 1890. By C.J. Anderson.
Stone with slate roof. 2 storeys, 10 bays; 3rd bay
projects with short tower. Channelled rustication to ground
floor, 1st floor sill course and Ionic pilastrade, top
parapet with finials. Windows are mostly sashed, those to
ground floor have paired sashes. 1st floor windows have
friezes and cornices, those to 5th and 6th bays with
pediments. Elliptical-headed entrance has paired consoles
to open pediment over royal arms; paired round-headed
windows above. Tower has paired windows with roundel in
tympanum; top frieze, pierced parapet and pinnacles.
Recessed louvred top with tented pavillion roof clad with
lead. 9th bay has paired 1st floor windows with pedimented
tympanum with Bootle arms and mermaid supporters. 3 stacks
with moulded caps. Front low wall has granite piers with
iron lamp standards, C20 lamps and iron bollards in form of
light houses supporting chains.
Listing NGR: SJ3406494719
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings