History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

North East Range at the Lady Katherine Leveson Hospital, South West Range at the Lady Katherine Leveson Hospital

A Grade II* Listed Building in Balsall, Solihull

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3821 / 52°22'55"N

Longitude: -1.6968 / 1°41'48"W

OS Eastings: 420733

OS Northings: 276046

OS Grid: SP207760

Mapcode National: GBR 4JH.PTJ

Mapcode Global: VHBX1.JDT8

Entry Name: North East Range at the Lady Katherine Leveson Hospital, South West Range at the Lady Katherine Leveson Hospital

Listing Date: 11 November 1952

Last Amended: 22 July 1976

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1075996

English Heritage Legacy ID: 218043

Location: Balsall, Solihull, B93

County: Solihull

Civil Parish: Balsall

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands

Church of England Parish: Temple Balsall

Church of England Diocese: Birmingham

Find accommodation in
Temple Balsall

Listing Text

1. BALSALL TEMPLE BALSALL
5108
North-East Range at the
Lady Katherine Leveson
Hospital
South-West Range at the
Lady Katherine Leveson
Hospital (Formerly listed
as the Hospital (Lady Katherine
Leveson' Almhouses )
SP 27 NW 11/157 11,ll.52.
SP 27 NW 11/157A
II* GV

2.
Founded 1677, built by William Hurlbutt in early C18. Hospital incorporated 1704,
27 residents by 1721. Narrow courtyard flanked by 2 long ranges in red brick dressed
with sandstone. Ripped old tiled roofs. Shorter cross wings at south-east end.
2 storeys, with attics to cross wings. 1st floor bands. 2 light stone mullion
and stone mullion and transom casement windows with glazing bars, flush set in plain
surrounds. Central facing pediments with round panels in tympana. Gabled north-west
cross wings. Some rebuilding, 1725-6, by Smith of Warrick.

Church of Saint Mary, Templars Hall, North East Range, South West Range, Entrance
Gateway and side Walls at the Lady Katherine Leveson Hospital, Vicarage and Temple
House form a group.


Listing NGR: SP2076176046

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.