This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4303 / 52°25'49"N
Longitude: -1.9371 / 1°56'13"W
OS Eastings: 404376
OS Northings: 281371
OS Grid: SP043813
Mapcode National: GBR 5RV.5P
Mapcode Global: VH9Z8.C5TR
Entry Name: Bournville School of Art and Crafts
Listing Date: 21 January 1970
Last Amended: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1076293
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217368
Location: Birmingham, B30
Electoral Ward/Division: Bournville
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Bournville
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
In the entry for
Bournville School of
Arts and Crafts
The last sentence of the description should be amended to read:
"Modern extension to right not of special interest".
Bournville School of
Art and Crafts
[formerly listed as
Ruskin Memorial Institute
SF 0481 SW 55/2 21.1.70
1902-5, by W Alexander Harvey. Inspired by J H Whitehouse, a friend of Ruskin, and
originally called Ruskin Hall. Brick with stone dressings; tiled roof. Irregular
L-shaped composition. On the left a cabled bay, then the roof sweeps down low over
the main hall which has, on the right, a tall narrow gabled stairwell. On the right,
the broad gabled short-arm of the L with bold canted bay window. In the angle, the
low stone porch approached up steps and with a square sculptured panel over the
segment-headed entrance. All the window with mullions and mostly transoms also.
In the roof dormer windows with leaded lights as have all the other windows. To
the right, a modern extension.
Listing NGR: SP0437681371
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings