This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5232 / 52°31'23"N
Longitude: -1.8391 / 1°50'20"W
OS Eastings: 411016
OS Northings: 291713
OS Grid: SP110917
Mapcode National: GBR 3FS.JD
Mapcode Global: VH9YR.2VM3
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Barnabas
Listing Date: 25 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1076299
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217292
Location: Birmingham, B24
Electoral Ward/Division: Erdington
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Erdington St Barnabas
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
Parish Church of
SP 19 SW 4/9 25.4.52
Designed 1822-3 as a Commissioners' Gothick church by Thomas Rickman. Of this time
the thin west tower with angle buttresses and 4 bays of the aisleless nave. Stone;
slate roof behind battlemented parapet. In a Decorated style. Original doors to
tower and, inside, the west gallery supported on a richly cusped and sub-cusped
iron screen. In 1883 chancel and transepts were added by J A Chatwin. The fifth,
transepts, bay is canted to accommodate the change in width between chancel and nave.
The style of the addition is Decorated also. Fairly consistent series of stained
glass windows, 2 of them on the north by Camm and Co of Smethwick.
Listing NGR: SP1101691713
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings