This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4936 / 52°29'36"N
Longitude: -1.914 / 1°54'50"W
OS Eastings: 405937
OS Northings: 288412
OS Grid: SP059884
Mapcode National: GBR 5X4.80
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.SL08
Entry Name: Albion Place
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1076301
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217298
Location: Birmingham, B18
Electoral Ward/Division: Soho
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Birmingham Bishop Latimer with All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
Nos 51 to 54 (consec)
SP 08 NE 7/57
Circa 1830 symmetrical terrace originally of four 2 storey stucco faced houses
of 2 bays. Chanelled ground floor up to first floor sill course. First floor
articulated by short panelled pilasters, coupled between bays 2 and 3 and 6 and 7.
The shallow capitals carry frieze, moulded flat eaves to common hipped slate roof.
Flanking stucco chimney stacks on front pitch. Revealed glazing bar sashes, 4 x 5
panes on ground floor, 3 x 4 panes on first floor. Those on ground floor have
incised panelled heads flanked by consoles with thin cornices over. The chanelling
is struck into round headed doorways with panelled architraves in antis, impost
blocks, moulded doorheads returned to panelled reveals. Six panel doors, inverted,
radial looped, marginal glazing pattern to fanlights. Originally 2 doorways to
centre, one was adapted as window.
Listing NGR: SP0593788412
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings