History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Bloxwich West, Walsall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.615 / 52°36'53"N

Longitude: -2.005 / 2°0'18"W

OS Eastings: 399756

OS Northings: 301910

OS Grid: SJ997019

Mapcode National: GBR 2BQ.3WN

Mapcode Global: WHBFV.5JHN

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 31 July 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1076400

English Heritage Legacy ID: 219090

Location: Walsall, WS3

County: Walsall

Electoral Ward/Division: Bloxwich West

Built-Up Area: Bloxwich

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands

Church of England Parish: Bloxwich All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Bloxwich

Listing Text

WALSALL MB HIGH STREET
SJ 90 SE
Bloxwich
3/52 Church of All Saints

GV II
Church. 1874-7 by Davies & Middleton, encasing part of church of 1794.
Brick with slate roof. Comprises a west tower, nave with clerestory,
north and south aisles, south porch, lower chancel and north vestry. The
tower has triple lancet bell openings, a pyramid roof set back behind a
parapet raised at the corners,and clock faces, with paired lancets below
on the west side. The west doorway has a pointed arch. To north and south
of the tower are lean-to projections, each with paired lancets above a
pointed doorway. The aisles are of five bays and have two tiers of paired
sandstone lancets within brick openings. The clerestory windows are triple
lancets. The south porch has a pointed doorway. The chancel is of one bay
to the south and has a 3-light east window with sandstone plate tracery.
Interior: five-bay nave arcades have pointed arches of exposed brick, and
red sandstone round piers with foliated capitals. North and south galleries
have timber fronts with blind arcading. The roof has arch-braced collar
trusses. The chancel arch is pointed and of exposed brick. The chancel
has a piscina and triple sedilia. The pulpit and font are painted, probably
of artificial stone, in a Gothic style. The windows contain some late C19
glass.


Listing NGR: SJ9975601910

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.