This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4134 / 52°24'48"N
Longitude: -1.5113 / 1°30'40"W
OS Eastings: 433338
OS Northings: 279602
OS Grid: SP333796
Mapcode National: GBR HFK.0W
Mapcode Global: VHBWY.RLDR
Entry Name: Canal Warehouse
Listing Date: 13 March 1985
Last Amended: 6 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1076584
English Heritage Legacy ID: 218623
Location: Coventry, CV1
Electoral Ward/Division: Radford
Built-Up Area: Coventry
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Coventry Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
SP 37 NW 17/11
Canal Warehouse. 1787, C19 and 1914. Brick with Welsh slate roofs. One to four
storeys. Extensive frontage following Leicester Row, with four different roof heights. Dentil eaves cornice. Elevation to Leicester Row from left to right. The first section has two altered basket arched openings and a segmental arched window to ground floor. The upper floors have two pairs of giant round-arched panels containing three tiers of horizontal strip windows and round-arched windows above. Then a gabled bay with keyed segmental arched entrance and keyed lunette window. Slightly lower section to the right has a large segmental arched entrance flanked by smaller segmental arched entrances. Three segmental arched windows above and above again, and five round-arched windows above. All have iron casements. Lower section to right has two tiers of segmental arched windows and lunette windows above, divided into groups of 3-6-3 by large segmental arched entrances. Lower range to right again has repeated tripartite motif of segmental arched entrances flanked by blind half segmental arches. The rear elevation gives onto the canal basin. The elevation at the time of inspection was under scaffold and in the process of being renovated. Projecting canopy continuing the pitch of the main roof. Various basket arched doorways and windows. The Warehouse flanks the canal basin of the Coventry Canal Navigation which was completed in 1769 by James Brindley.
Listing NGR: SP3333879601
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings