This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4182 / 52°25'5"N
Longitude: -1.4518 / 1°27'6"W
OS Eastings: 437379
OS Northings: 280159
OS Grid: SP373801
Mapcode National: GBR HVJ.55
Mapcode Global: VHBWZ.SHB2
Entry Name: Remains of Caludon Castle
Listing Date: 5 February 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1076645
English Heritage Legacy ID: 218479
Location: Coventry, CV2
Electoral Ward/Division: Wyken
Built-Up Area: Coventry
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Stoke St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
5105 FARREN ROAD
Remains of Caludon Castle
SP 38 SE 22/4 5.2.55.
Scheduled Ancient Monument. Circa 1354, or earlier. John Segrave was granted
a licence to crenellate 1305. Another licence granted 1354. Descended to Thomas
Mowbray, Duke of Norfolk. Fell into dereliction after his banishment 1398. Rebuilt
circa 1580 by Henry Lord Berkeley. Ruined by the later C17.
Sole remaining fragment consists of tall sandstone wall containing 2 large pointed
arched windows above 2 smaller. Remnants of stone window tracery.
Listing NGR: SP3737980159
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings