This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4225 / 52°25'21"N
Longitude: -1.5585 / 1°33'30"W
OS Eastings: 430118
OS Northings: 280596
OS Grid: SP301805
Mapcode National: GBR H2G.JL
Mapcode Global: VHBWX.XCXQ
Entry Name: 65, Birmingham Road
Listing Date: 5 February 1955
Last Amended: 24 June 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1076663
English Heritage Legacy ID: 218420
Location: Coventry, CV5
Electoral Ward/Division: Bablake
Built-Up Area: Coventry
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Allesley All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
5105 BIRMINGHAM ROAD
No 65 [Formerly listed as
No 67 (The Stone House )]
SP 3080 NW 5/126 5.2.55.
Circa 1557, for John Milward. Freehold bought 1608 by new owner who added carved
date, 1608, and initials WNC on tablet over porch arch. Sandstone, gabled old
tiled roof. 2 storeys and attics, 3 gables, central projection. Stone cornice
moulding, stone gable copings with kneelers. 2:1: 2 casement windows. 1st floor
stone mullions, 3 lights each and central window of 9 lights on 3 sides of bay.
2 light attic windows to end gables. Ground floor stone mullions and transoms,
outer windows 3 light, inner 5 light. Central porch has pilasters, flattened ogee
arch, stepped hood moulding. Red brick chimneystacks.
Listing NGR: SP3011880592
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings