History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Kings Arms

A Grade II Listed Building in Reepham, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7622 / 52°45'44"N

Longitude: 1.1111 / 1°6'40"E

OS Eastings: 610008

OS Northings: 322831

OS Grid: TG100228

Mapcode National: GBR TC3.ZNW

Mapcode Global: WHLRN.1TCS

Entry Name: Kings Arms

Listing Date: 22 July 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1076845

English Heritage Legacy ID: 219999

Location: Reepham, Broadland, Norfolk, NR10

County: Norfolk

District: Broadland

Civil Parish: Reepham

Built-Up Area: Reepham

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Reepham St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Reepham

Listing Text

TG 1022 REEPHAM MARKET PLACE
(south)
8/88
Kings Arms.

GV II

Former Inn, now public house. Early C18 with C16 brick fragments and C19
stables. Red brick, brick and flint and colourwashed brick with red and black
pantiled roof. 2 storeys and attic. East west range to market place with
hipped roof, bay fronted wing to the west and gabled wing to the east,
continuing at the rear as a southern service range. Open logia with meeting
room above, and stables enclosing south courtyard. Elevation to market place
colourwashed, of 4 windows. Off centre door with stucco pilasters and
entablature and string course at first floor level, turned up over courtyard
doors and continuing round bay. C19 sash windows with glazing bars. Brick
dentil eaves. Eastern parapet gable with tumbling in and evidence of earlier
gable. External stepped chimney, in eastern lean-to roof. Eastern boundary
wall with 50 mm bricks in English Bond. North east wing with C19 double corner
window with central door on the splay, and with plain timber pilasters, and
fascia. Sash window and attic casement window with glazing bars. Parapet
gable with brick tumbling in. North west splayed bay, with entrance door,
sash windows with glazing bars, dentil brick cornice and hipped roof. Further
west C19 panelled stable door, the upper section with glazing bars and with
projecting pediment supported on consoles. South service wing built of C17
brick, flint wall at centre, and incorporating earlier building. Parapet
gables and corbelled eaves. Stables with stable doors, gables and brick dentil
eaves. Stables are of group value.


Listing NGR: TG1001122818

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.