History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in King's Lynn, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7768 / 52°46'36"N

Longitude: 0.4299 / 0°25'47"E

OS Eastings: 563999

OS Northings: 322675

OS Grid: TF639226

Mapcode National: GBR N3D.TRY

Mapcode Global: WHJP1.KGXM

Entry Name: The Old Hall

Listing Date: 19 October 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1077598

English Heritage Legacy ID: 222181

Location: South Wootton, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE30

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Civil Parish: South Wootton

Built-Up Area: King's Lynn

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Find accommodation in
Kings Lynn

Listing Text

SOUTH WOOTTON HALL LANE
TF 62 SW
5/89 The Old Hall
19-10-51
II
House, dated 1665, possibly on older core; small carstone with brick dressings,
plain tiles, gable parapets. 2 bays, 2 storeys; double range to left (north)
bay; right hand bay with attic, gables to west, south and north; end internal
stack to south gable. Single storey lean-to addition to south under pantiles.
Principal facade to west: quoined brick work between left and right bay, dressings
of narrow bricks to left bay, right angle to right bay breaking forward; all
window casements with pintle hinges under square heads; of 3 lights to 1st bay,
that to ground floor being set high to left having door to right; of 3 lights
with transoms to right bay and lean-to, 2 openings to ground floor right bay,
one to 1st floor, 2-light opening to attic. Gable to right bay with iron letter
R and renewed datestone inscribed N H / 1665 (Nicholas Hammond b.1617). Rear
of brick and some stone, left bay with ground and 1st floor part rendered with
pebble dash. Scattered fenestration as to west facade but with segmental arches;
large internal stack to rear facade between left and right bays; iron letter
H to gable of left bay. Water pump dated 1907 against right hand bay. Two gables to
north return, each with end internal stacks, left hand gable of 3 storeys, right
hand gable of 2 storeys and cellar, varied fenestration of leaded casements
under segmental arches.


Listing NGR: TF6399922675

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.