This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5702 / 52°34'12"N
Longitude: 0.5138 / 0°30'49"E
OS Eastings: 570461
OS Northings: 299898
OS Grid: TL704998
Mapcode National: GBR P7B.YHW
Mapcode Global: WHKR5.VNVH
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 8 July 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1077742
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221699
Location: Stoke Ferry, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE33
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Stoke Ferry
Built-Up Area: Stoke Ferry
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Wretton with Stoke Ferry
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 7099 STOKE FERRY THE HILL
Church of All Saints
Parish church. Originally C15, tower fell 1578, nave rebuilt C18, nave and
chancel entirely rebuilt by W.J. Donthorn 1848. Ashlar, clunch and flint with
slate roofs. Stepped angle buttresses to west wall. Central portico porch.
Single bellcote at apex of western gable. 3 2-light south nave windows between
stepped buttresses : cusped lights below flamboyant tracery head. Moulded
jambs and hood on head stops. North nave with 4 similar windows and parapet.
Gabled nave roof. Large gabled vestry obscures much of south chancel and is
entred through arched doorway in west wall. 3 irregularly spaced lancets
punctuate south gable wall. One 2-light chancel south window as nave. Angle
buttresses to chancel. 4-light east window by W.F. Cullyer of Norwich with
Geometric lay-out and flamboyant tracery details. Moulded jambs and hood.
2 2-light north chancel, windows as before. Interior. All of C19 re-
construction. Octagonal font with tracery in style of fenestration. Open
timber roofs, adorned with shields.
Listing NGR: TL7046199898
Other nearby listed buildings