This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5431 / 52°32'35"N
Longitude: 0.5879 / 0°35'16"E
OS Eastings: 575590
OS Northings: 297058
OS Grid: TL755970
Mapcode National: GBR P7T.KG2
Mapcode Global: VHJF8.4BNT
Entry Name: The Grange
Listing Date: 9 July 1951
Last Amended: 11 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1077768
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221661
Location: Northwold, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, IP26
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Northwold
Built-Up Area: Northwold
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Northwold St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 7597 NORTHWOLD
The Grange (previously
15/6 listed as The Rectory)
Rectory, now private house. Late C17, altered late C18 and additions of C19.
Coursed clunch, flint and plastered brick. Pantile and slate roofs. L plan.
2 storey south range of 4 bays. Central panelled door below 7-vaned fanlight
and behind late C18 open gabled porch supported on pair of fluted Ionic
columns. 4 mid C19 sashes to ground floor and 4 sashes to first floor : 2
to left C18 with glazing bars, others C20 replacements. Gabled roof hipped
to east to facilitate C19 wing which extends north, the remodelling
incorporating original gable of south block. 2 storeys. 2 central tripartite
sashes and remainder of fenestration of scattered C19 sashes. Cast iron glazed
portico to left. Paired modillion eaves cornice below hipped slate roof.
2 ridge stacks right of centre. Cut string staircase in south block with
scrolled tread ends and moulded turned balusters.
Listing NGR: TL7559097058
Other nearby listed buildings