History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Bagthorpe with Barmer, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8697 / 52°52'10"N

Longitude: 0.6864 / 0°41'11"E

OS Eastings: 580914

OS Northings: 333624

OS Grid: TF809336

Mapcode National: GBR Q5F.0CF

Mapcode Global: WHKPX.J43C

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 5 June 1953

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1077802

English Heritage Legacy ID: 221536

Location: Bagthorpe with Barmer, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE31

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Civil Parish: Bagthorpe with Barmer

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Syderstone with Barmer St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Syderstone

Listing Text

TF 83 SW BAGTHORPE WITH BARMER BARMER, SYDERSTONE
8/5 Church of All Saints,
5.6.53. Barmer.
- II*
Parish church, now redundant. C12 round-tower and nave fabric, C13, C15
details, restoration 1885-6 by Frederick Preedy architect. Flint with stone
dressings, slate roofs, partly fishscale pattern. West round tower, 3 bay
nave and north aisle, 2 bay chancel. West round tower with 3 rectangular
lancet openings. Nave flint rubble quoins to west and south-east gables suggest
pre-1200 date. 2 nave south lancets. Early English south door with C19 cast
iron 4 panel door with Gothick arches and cast iron tympanum with coat of
arms and motto 'Ad finem fidelis' of Kerridge family. 3 bay north aisle largely
of 1885-6, with C14 2-light tracery east and west windows, 3 north windows.
Chancel 1885-6, Early English details. Interior: tower arch has pre-1200 stone
quoin piers, c.1300 Gothic arch. C15 stone door or window opening, to left
of tower arch perhaps a banner stave locker. Chancel arch pre-1200 stone
quoins, imposts with dogtooth mouldings, c.1300 single hollow chamfered Gothic
arch. 2 south windows with deep internal splays. Chancel south side re-
positioned free standing former stone window with mullions and base. C14 north
arcade with octagonal bases, columns and capitals, double hollow chamfered
arches. Font and chancel furniture of c.1885-1886. Restored by Rev. E.K.
Kerslake, patron.


Listing NGR: TF8091433624

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.