This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6284 / 52°37'42"N
Longitude: 0.49 / 0°29'23"E
OS Eastings: 568620
OS Northings: 306312
OS Grid: TF686063
Mapcode National: GBR P6Q.BNW
Mapcode Global: WHKQZ.H6JC
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 26 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1077827
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221496
Location: Fincham, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE33
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Fincham
Built-Up Area: Fincham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Fincham St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TF 60 NE FINCHAM HIGH STREET
5/22 The Old Rectory
Rectory, now private house. Early C17, rebuilt C18, rebuilt again 1827 by
Donthorne. Carstone, brick and clunch. Pantiled roofs, some black glazed.
Half H plan with inserted block in court of 1827. Symmetrical facade. 2
storey central block flanked by remodelled cross wings. Central door behind
gabled porch with shouldered gable. One narrow side sash with glazing bars
each floor and central 3-light transomed window above porch. Windows within
rendered brick surrounds. String course and parapet. Cross wings with bays
to ground floor containing 4-light cross casements. First floor windows are
3-light transomed casements under hoods on head stops. Triangular-headed
2-light attic windows. Rear of 2 storeys and attic. C20 canted bay extension
to ground floor and scattered fenestration, largely mid C19 sashes but with
2 early C19 tripartite sash windows. 3 flat dormers in gabled roof. Ridge
stack right of centre bears date 1624 and is only survivor of original house.
Interior has panelled staircase well. Roof of staggered butt purlins.
Collars removed and tie beams shaved to floor level.
Listing NGR: TF6862006312
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings