This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.835 / 52°50'6"N
Longitude: 0.5785 / 0°34'42"E
OS Eastings: 573788
OS Northings: 329502
OS Grid: TF737295
Mapcode National: GBR P4B.92J
Mapcode Global: WHKQ1.V0NF
Entry Name: Church of St. Mary
Listing Date: 5 June 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1077863
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221384
Location: Anmer, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE31
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Anmer
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Anmer St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 72 NW ANMER
8/3 Church of St. Mary.
Parish church. C14 Decorated and C15 Perpendicular, chancel mainly late C19
restored Early English. Rubble flint with stone dressings, late C19 plain
tiled roofs. West tower, nave and chancel, south porch and south chapel.
Perpendicular west tower with west door and 3-light window, 2 set off angle
buttresses with flushwork, 4 2-light belfry windows, battlemented parapet.
3 bay nave, on north side with Decorated north door, 2 windows : one 4-centred
3-light and one straight headed 3-light Perpendicular tracery windows. Nave
south with 2 blocked openings and one 2-light window between the south porch
and south chapel under red brick relieving arch. Porch C14 Decorated arch,
set off angle buttresses, north and south windows, ambitious stone pointed
tunnel vault with tranverse arches appears late C19. South chapel built by
Sir Oliver Calthorpe, Lord of Manor, C14 Decorated with one west lancet, one
south window and fine flowing tracery 3-light east window, gable roof late
C19. 2 bay chancel details externally largely late C19, 4-light intersecting
tracery east window reproduces earlier evidence. Interior: Perpendicular
tower arch with elaborate clustered pier and battlemented collar capital.
Recut C15 font with shields. 7½ bay late C19 arched braced hammer beam roof.
Perpendicular chancel arch with stairs and rood loft arch from south side.
3 bay late C19 chancel roof, internal details all late C19. Calthorpe Chapel
to south restored 1895 with screen to Decorated arch from nave. 1895 panelled
roof with bosses, reredos. 2 C18 wall monuments, ledger slab floor. C18
baluster font. Nave has Royal Arms of George III before 1801, 6 painted coldham
hatchments. 1906 benches and screen across nave. West window in tower, Ward
and Hughes 1884.
Listing NGR: TF7378829502
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.