This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8981 / 52°53'53"N
Longitude: 0.5375 / 0°32'15"E
OS Eastings: 570781
OS Northings: 336419
OS Grid: TF707364
Mapcode National: GBR P3H.BQK
Mapcode Global: WHKPN.7F63
Entry Name: West Hall Farm House
Listing Date: 5 June 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1077901
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221279
Location: Sedgeford, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE36
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Sedgeford
Built-Up Area: Sedgeford
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Sedgeford St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 73 NW SEDGEFORD
5/97 West Hall Farm House.
Farmhouse. C16 or c.l600 to east, c.1800 refenestration and additions to west.
Earlier house carstone with brick dressings, c.1800 addition brick, both with
red pantiled roof. 2 storey earlier build partly incorporated in centre with
c.1800 build of 6 regular bays and 2 storeys. C.1800 house with 4 ground and
5 first floor sashes with glazing bars, 2 bays to west under rubbed brick
arches, 3 to west inserted into carstone wall with at ground floor one surviving
c.1600 chamfered brick dressed casement of 3 lights, one blocked ground floor
and 2 first floor blocked earlier windows. Central c.1900 door with rectangular
fanlight. To east the earlier house has an outshut roof brought forward lower
than eaves of the c.1800 roof, with one ground blocked c.1600 brick dressed
window, lean-to C20 greenhouse and C20 flat roofed half-dormer. On return
to west a c.1800 6 panel raised and fielded door with swept lead roofed canopy
with valances, turned cast iron uprights and cast iron pierced panels with
anthemion and other Greek Revival motifs. Steeply pitched roof, earlier build
with c.1600 axial brick 3 shaft octagonal stack , c.1800 build with one axial
and one west gable stack. To north outshut additions 2 storey at west and
single storey at east. Attached to west gable a lean-to swept parapet brick
wall built over the adjacent stream with an arch forming a watergate.
Listing NGR: TF7078136419
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings