This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5719 / 51°34'18"N
Longitude: -0.1562 / 0°9'22"W
OS Eastings: 527873
OS Northings: 187497
OS Grid: TQ278874
Mapcode National: GBR DT.M93
Mapcode Global: VHGQL.7RRD
Entry Name: Beechwood
Listing Date: 14 May 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078354
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477287
Location: Camden, London, N6
Electoral Ward/Division: Highgate
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Michael Highgate
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ2787SE FITZROY PARK
798-1/4/442 (West side)
Detached house. 1840. By George Basevi for his brother. Later
additions and alterations, only front elevation remains
untouched. Formerly 2 separate residences. Stucco with slated
2 storeys and basements linked by 1-window, 2 storey staircase
Right hand range: double frontage with 5 windows; centre 1st
floor window flanked by half lights. Bowed portico with
cornice and doorway flanked by windows. Architraved doorway
with cornice, pulvinated frieze and panelled door. Plain
stucco ground floor sill band. Recessed sash windows with
glazing bars and ground floor hoods. Projecting eaves cornice.
Left hand range: 6 windows. Asymmetrically placed,
round-arched, architraved doorway with patterned fanlight and
panelled door. Recessed sash windows with glazing bars.
Projecting eaves. To the left of this range, c1977, a slate
Link: with cornice carried round from right hand range.
Round-arched 1st floor window to stair.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
HISTORICAL NOTE: Beechwood was built on the site of Fitzroy
House, c1770, belonging to Lord Southampton, demolished 1828.
Listing NGR: TQ2787387497
Other nearby listed buildings