This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5704 / 51°34'13"N
Longitude: -0.155 / 0°9'18"W
OS Eastings: 527963
OS Northings: 187333
OS Grid: TQ279873
Mapcode National: GBR DT.MMJ
Mapcode Global: VHGQL.8SDJ
Entry Name: The Elms
Listing Date: 14 May 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078355
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477288
Location: Camden, London, N6
Electoral Ward/Division: Highgate
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Michael Highgate
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ2787SE FITZROY PARK
798-1/4/443 (West side)
14/05/74 The Elms
Detached house. 1838-40. By George Basevi, with later
alterations and additions. Stucco with slated hipped roof and
Irregular main frontage of 2 storeys with semi-basement. 5
windows. Left-hand range: right hand ground and 1st floor
tripartite, recessed sash windows, ground floor
segmental-arched. Bands at 1st floor and sill level.
Link extension: entrance with Ionic prostyle portico with
extension to the right. Doorway with fanlight and half glazed
double door. C20 windows. Cornice and blocking course.
Right hand range: 3 light canted bay window carried on
cast-iron columns. Single recessed sash at 1st floor.
South facade: 5 windows. To left, 3-light canted bay through
ground and 1st floor, ground floor with central french doors.
Projecting bay to right with tripartite, recessed sash windows
with blind boxes on ground and 1st floor. Bands at 1st floor
and sill level. Eaves cornice and projecting eaves with slated
roof and dormer. To left hand ground floor a tented veranda
with thin cast-iron columns.
INTERIOR: retains original features.
Listing NGR: TQ2796387333
Other nearby listed buildings