History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Vicar's Cottages and Boundary Wall to North Including Disused Pump

A Grade II Listed Building in Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0529 / 52°3'10"N

Longitude: -1.7779 / 1°46'40"W

OS Eastings: 415328

OS Northings: 239415

OS Grid: SP153394

Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.7B7

Mapcode Global: VHB13.4NGL

Entry Name: The Vicar's Cottages and Boundary Wall to North Including Disused Pump

Listing Date: 8 June 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1078382

English Heritage Legacy ID: 126239

Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Chipping Campden

Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Chipping Campden

Listing Text

1.
5224 LEYSBOURNE
(east side)

The Vicar's Cottages
[Nos 1 to 6(consec)]
and boundary wall to
north including
disused pump
SP 1539 SW 9/179

II GV


2.
Circa 1844. Cottage Row built for Canon Kennaway in almshouse style to accommodate
his outdoor staff. Coursed rubble with low pitch slate roof. Two storeys, 6 windows
to whole, lozenge paned cast-iron 2 light casements with drip moulds over. Paired
plain doors with drip mould, sunk panels with drip mould above, the central one with
coat of arms. Rubble ridge stacks. The boundary wall to north is about 6 ft high
and 25 yds long. Close to No 1 is a set back with disused cast-iron pump. Arched
doorway with label to left of centre.

Listing NGR: SP1532739405

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.