This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0104 / 52°0'37"N
Longitude: -1.8283 / 1°49'41"W
OS Eastings: 411882
OS Northings: 234682
OS Grid: SP118346
Mapcode National: GBR 4NS.SQR
Mapcode Global: VHB18.8Q9N
Entry Name: Seven Wells Farmhouse
Listing Date: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078397
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126272
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL56
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Broadway
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
5224 SPRING HILL
Seven Wells Farmhouse
SP 13 SW 5/187
Remodelled 1830 by General Lygon. Only one fireplace and gable end wall of the
old house (probably early C18) survives. Coursed and squared rubble, moulded eaves
cornice, stone tile roof. End chimneys. Timber cross mullion windows, 3 in all,
2 light in centre, 3 light outer, leaded casements. Arched central doorway.
Hipped extension to right with angled bay on ground floor.
The topographical equivalent of Hougemont in the laying out of the Spring Hill Estate
by General Lygon to commemorate the battle of Waterloo.
Listing NGR: SP1188234682
Other nearby listed buildings