This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0512 / 52°3'4"N
Longitude: -1.78 / 1°46'47"W
OS Eastings: 415184
OS Northings: 239223
OS Grid: SP151392
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.6V6
Mapcode Global: VHB13.3PCX
Entry Name: Trinder House and Clifton House
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Last Amended: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078432
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126149
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 HIGH STREET
Trinder House and
Clifton House (formerly
listed as Clifton House)
SP 1539 SW 9/99 25.8.60
Front dated "H.W.L. 1717". This refers to the remodelling and refronting of an
earlier (largely C17) house. Two and a half storeys, cut and squared rubble.
Concrete tile roof, 3 ashlar chimneys with cornices. Three gabled dormers.
The front is a remodelling of 2 houses, the ground floor is thicker, starting
at first floor cill level to left and at string level to right. The principal
feature are 3 pilasters which appear to be of the short first floor only type, with
good Ionic capitals. Cornice and modillions to eaves broken forward over pilasters.
Two and two 3 light mullion and transom windows. Ground floor of Clifton House has
a 3 light mullion and transom window, central door with transom light and a Tudor
arch alley door. Trinder House has a slate pentise over angled bay window with
3 glazing bar sashes and doorway to right.
The date inscription is on the central pilaster.
Interior: large Tudor arch fireplace with ingle-light and cooking crane. Through
passage has plank and muntin partition. Corner fireplace to front room with
Listing NGR: SP1518639224
Other nearby listed buildings