This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0509 / 52°3'3"N
Longitude: -1.7807 / 1°46'50"W
OS Eastings: 415136
OS Northings: 239188
OS Grid: SP151391
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.6NT
Mapcode Global: VHB13.2QZ5
Entry Name: The Martins
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078434
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126155
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 HIGH STREET
SP 1539 SW 9/105 25.8.60
Said to have been built in 1660. C17 building refronted early C18, dated 1714.
Ashlar, with Cotswold stone roof. L-shaped block with doorway in the angle.
Two storeys and attics, 1.2.2 windows. The ground floor has one small paned double
sash to left and 2 four light ones with thin stone mullions to right. Victorian
panelled door under tented porch in corner. Continuous drip mould. First floor cill
band to projecting section of front. C19 sashes on first floor. Fluted Ionic
pilasters of a Baroque character on the projecting corners. Modillion eaves cornice.
Steeply pitched roof with 3 gabled dormers and paired ashlar stacks. Cross-
mullion windows to rear. Interior: late C17/early C18 bolection surrounds to corner
fireplaces on ground and first floors; staircase of circa 1700.
Listing NGR: SP1513739185
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings