This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0534 / 52°3'12"N
Longitude: -1.7765 / 1°46'35"W
OS Eastings: 415421
OS Northings: 239473
OS Grid: SP154394
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.7P0
Mapcode Global: VHB13.5N56
Entry Name: Vicarage
Listing Date: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078456
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126101
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 CHURCH STREET
SP 1539 SW 9/48
Cl7 and early C18, altered and extended mid C19. Main front gabled. Two and a half
storeys, coursed rubble with Cotswold stone roof. End chimneys with diagonal stacks.
Three dormer gables, 2-, 3- and 4-light windows (chamfered stone mullions in
rebated surrounds) with drips. The central first floor window is a C20 leaded
casement; first floor left hand window altered to have long mullions. Door to
right in stopped ogee-moulded surround, 7 panels (2 glazed). Hipped extension
to left. Mid-C19 slate-roofed 2 storey domestic wing to right with stepped
gable to east and 3 (irregular) ranges of mullion windows with drips. Early C17
extension to rear incorporating a re-used lead rain water head inscribed
"T(homas) M(ansell) 1710".
Interior: rear wing has early C18 (possibly reset) half-panelling.
Listing NGR: SP1542139473
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings