This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.98 / 51°58'47"N
Longitude: -2.4405 / 2°26'25"W
OS Eastings: 369842
OS Northings: 231371
OS Grid: SO698313
Mapcode National: GBR FY.KH7X
Mapcode Global: VH866.NH5H
Entry Name: Ann Cam's School
Listing Date: 17 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078518
English Heritage Legacy ID: 125943
Location: Dymock, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL18
District: Forest of Dean
Civil Parish: Dymock
Built-Up Area: Dymock
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Dymock St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
DYMOCK THE VILLAGE
SO 63 SE (south side)
4/125 Ann Cam's School
School and former school house, now part of school. 1825
(datestone), enlarged 1883 by Mr. Waller. Ashlar plinth to 1825
part, brick to later; Flemish-bond brickwork, slate roof. Two-
storey centre, parallel single-storey wings, 2 bays deep: single-
storey extension across centre front. Front symmetrical:
slightly projecting gabled centre, double, half-glazed doors up 3
steps under cambered brick arch: either side lower wings, 3-light
casement, lean-to roof with hipped ends. Boarded door up 3 steps
in each return. Set back earlier gables each side, 3-light,
pointed-head window with intersecting timber tracery, plain stone
surround. Brick chimney on entrance and left and right returns.
First floor, in centre, on line of set-back gables, two 2-light
casements, otherwise as gable windows below; datestone between.
Pedimented gable above, stone plaque 'ANN CAM'S SCHOOL'. Brick
chimney on left return. Intersecting tracery to fanlight over
original front door. Forms group with the Old George, Great
Wadley and the Old Cottage (q.v.).
(The Rev. J. E. Gethyn-Jones, Dymock down the Ages, 1966; D.
Verey, Gloucestershire, the Vale and the Forest of Dean, 1970.)
Listing NGR: SO6984231371
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings