This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7889 / 51°47'20"N
Longitude: 0.0029 / 0°0'10"E
OS Eastings: 538241
OS Northings: 211925
OS Grid: TL382119
Mapcode National: GBR KBV.TTY
Mapcode Global: VHHM5.09DG
Entry Name: Willowthorpe
Listing Date: 30 September 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078760
English Heritage Legacy ID: 355911
Location: Stanstead Abbots, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG12
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Stanstead Abbots
Built-Up Area: St Margarets
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Stanstead Abbots
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 3811 STANSTEAD ABBOTS HIGH STREET (OFF)
Stanstead Abbots village
House. Later C19. Said to have been built in 1864 by Italian
contractors. Mass concrete with stucco finish lined as ashlar.
Gabled slate roofs. 2-storeys, 3-windows house facing S. H-plan
house with parallel gabled wings with narrower qabled centre and
1-storey parapetted porch. Recessed sash windows. Rectangular
bay window and canted bay window flank porch on ground floor, and
canted bay on left return. Coat of arms on porch parapet of Ker
family with motto PRO CHRISTO ET PATRIA DULCE PERICULUM.
Bargeboards to gables. 1-storey outbuildings at rear. A C!9
stucco villa set in its own grounds or river bank and little
altered. Of special interest for its early use of mass-concrete
Listing NGR: TL3824111925
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings