This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7929 / 51°47'34"N
Longitude: -0.0129 / 0°0'46"W
OS Eastings: 537141
OS Northings: 212334
OS Grid: TL371123
Mapcode National: GBR KBT.HLH
Mapcode Global: VHGPP.Q6KF
Entry Name: Column from Blackfriars Bridge in Grounds of Flint House 40 Metres East of House
Listing Date: 4 December 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078770
English Heritage Legacy ID: 355831
Location: Great Amwell, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG12
District: East Hertfordshire
Civil Parish: Great Amwell
Built-Up Area: Great Amwell
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Great Amwell with St Margaret's
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
GREAT AMWELL HILLSIDE LANE
TL 3712 (north side)
Great Amwell village
12/23 Column from Blackfriars
Bridge in grounds of
4.12.51 Flint House 40 metres east
Freestanding column from Robert Mylne's Blackfriars Bridge opened
1769: demolished 1868. Rebuilt in present position by the Mylne
family. Portland stone now with terracotta urn set on top. On
2 steps a tall Ionic column about 10 metres high with moulded
base and cap carved with 4 corner volutes. Shaft of 7 drums with
signs of old repairs cut in. Octagonal swagged urn set on top.
(Pevsner (1977) 150).
Listing NGR: TL3714112334
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings